Oh, how we have missed you Disneyland Resort! From the iconic images found on Main Street, U.S.A., to that mouth-watering corn dog that awaits us each and every visit. We can’t wait to see you again! As a matter of fact, we have missed you so much, the Disneyland Resort planDisney panelists have created a list of the top 10 things they can’t wait to experience again! Although this was a tough task to narrow down to just 10 things, we think they have created a fantastic list to get you thinking about your next trip to The Happiest Place on Earth!
1. Cast Members – What a great place to begin and Andres can’t wait to be greeted by the smiling faces of cast members throughout out the resort. He will be the first to tell you that a great deal of the magic his family feels at the Disneyland Resort is due to the amazing cast!
2. Main Street, U.S.A. – Standing on Main Street, U.S.A. just gives Kiki a warm-fuzzy, nostalgic feeling. “It brings me back to the simple times of childhood, but also, we’re all transported back in time to when Walt Disney was walking along the same path. I absolutely enjoy seeing the light on in his apartment above the Main Street, U.S.A. Fire Station!”
3. Fantasyland – Heigh-ho, heigh-ho… it’s off to Fantasyland Courtney will go! She can’t wait to “whistle while she walks” to the newly reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish attraction. And she like many, will be looking for the Evil Queen peering out the window from above.
4. Lamplight Lounge – According to Tiffanie, if you only experience one table service meal at the Disneyland Resort, she recommends you select Lamplight Lounge. With delicious food, fun theming and a fantastic view, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better location to take a much-needed break.
5. Mickey Pretzels – It’s Kiki’s ABSOLUTE favorite snack, and here is what she says about the tasty treat: “What is there not to love about Mickey-shaped foods? And can you really say you went to Disneyland without eating any Mickey-shaped food? I love mine with mustard, preferably while standing in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle!” Can we all agree with Kiki? We say yes!
6. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – All Disneyland Resort panelists agree they can’t wait to get back to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa! This beautiful Craftsman-style lodge is perfectly situated within Disney California Adventure park. For Kiki and her family, it’s the close proximity and dedicated entrance into Disney California Adventure that they love! And if anyone is looking for Courtney, she said you can find her relaxing in a poolside cabana with a cocktail from GCH Craftsman Bar.
7. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – The first thing Tiffanie will do when Disneyland Resort reopens is head straight to Batuu! “On opening day you’ll find me with a Ronto-less Garden Wrap in one hand and a Green Milk in the other. And of course, I’ll want to pilot the Millennium Falcon and join the Resistance in an epic battle against the First Order!”
8. Characters – All four panelists say they just can’t wait to see their favorite Disney characters! One of Courtney’s favorite things about Disneyland park has always been catching spotting characters throughout the parks. With formal character meet-and-greets on hold for now, she will be living for the thrill of surprise character sightings that’ll be sprinkled throughout both theme parks.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean – This is Kiki’s favorite attraction in Disneyland park, hands down! “I can’t wait to return so I can check out and wink at Captain Jack Sparrow! Again, this is strictly for nostalgia purpose … wink, wink!”
10. Making New Memories – THE number one thing our panelists can’t wait to get back to is making more memories. Andres will capture his new memories through beautiful photos of his favorite places in the parks while Kiki looks forward to seeing the smiles on her kids’ faces. But perhaps Courtney sums it up best:
“I can almost hear the clang of streetcar bells and the clippety-clop of horses pulling a trolley of guests on Main Street, U.S.A., smell the intoxicating aroma wafting from Main Street Bakery, and perhaps catch a glimpse inside the glass-walled candy kitchen where the candy makers whip up indulgent treats. After so many days of Disneyland park sitting empty and quiet, it will be so magical to see Sleeping Beauty Castle sparkle and shine in all her glory at the end of the street. Honey, I’m home!”
We don’t know about you, but we are ready for all of these things and so much more! For more great tips and suggestions like these follow along on Instagram or Twitter, and be sure to visit planDisney.com to get personalized answers to your Disneyland and other Disney vacation planning questions!
If you’re planning a visit to the Disneyland Resort, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.
Thanks to planDisney panelist Andres V. for the photos!
Source: Disney Parks Blog