It’s summertime fun time and the magic is here at the Disneyland Resort! We are absolutely thrilled to welcome you back to the Happiest Place on Earth and help you create fantastic new memories with your family and friends!
As we continue to bring back offerings as part of our phased reopening, here are just some of the favorites to put on your summer visit bucket list at Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park! It’s a full day of entertainment!
1.Visit Main Street, U.S.A.! The charming nostalgia from the turn of the 20th century brings horse-drawn streetcars, the sweet scent of candy being made and the joyful sounds of the Disneyland Band! The marching band, which began in 1955, is performing once again down Main Street, U.S.A. From there, head toward Sleeping Beauty Castle to walk through the fairytale castle and relive scenes from the beloved Disney classic.
“Mickey’s Mix Magic”
2. See Spectacular Fireworks! Just in time for Independence Day, July 4, 2021, fireworks return with “Mickey’s Mix Magic,” presented nightly throughout the summer in Disneyland park. State-of-the-art projections, show lighting and lasers transform Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle and the façade of “it’s a small world” into a dazzling, high-energy, family fun dance party that goes sky high with fireworks celebrating Mickey Mouse.
3. Embark on Exciting Adventures! Travel to different moments in time and space, by paddling a Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe or climbing aboard a raft to Tom Sawyer Island, piloting the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland park, or revving up on Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land, then teaming up with Super Heroes at the new Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure park.
4. Play at Pixar Pier and More! Visit four “neighborhoods” celebrating your Pixar pals in Disney California Adventure park, including the thrilling Incredicoaster, Toy Story Midway Mania! and the Pixar Pal-A-Round. Nearby, take flight once again on the Golden Zephyr, then head to Hollywood Land where the interactive Animation Academy and Sorcerer’s Workshop are welcoming guests back to learn about the art of animation.
5. Try Lots of Fabulous Foods! Sipping and snacking is one of the best ways to spend your day at the theme parks. Several spots have reopened, including Oga’s Cantina, the Tiki Juice Bar, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Alien Pizza Planet and Rancho del Zocalo at Disneyland park, along with Wine Country Trattoria and more at Disney California Adventure park.
Our mobile order service via the Disneyland app is the main way to order food and beverages at many dining locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. More locations are being added and existing locations have expanded mobile order lanes and pick-up windows. We also recommend making reservations in advance for Oga’s Cantina as well as other table-service restaurants.
6. Stay! You can stay in the magic a little longer by spending the night at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, which just announced summer value offers* at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the Disneyland Hotel saving up to 25 percent on select rooms, July 5 – October 2, 2021!
7. Shop! Discover new merchandise collections and bring home a piece of the magic! Some shops that recently reopened, including Pooh Corner in Critter Country and Sarge’s Surplus Hut in Cars Land. Pin collectors, be sure to stop by the 20th Century Music Company on Main Street, U.S.A., which also carries soundtracks to Disney films! Look for more of your favorite shops reopening soon.
Before or after your day in the parks, the Downtown Disney District has a unique variety of shops with summer selections, restaurants with fresh, seasonal menus and limited-time photo ops for you to pop into! Be sure to check it out!
Have you tried merchandise mobile checkout at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District? You can easily scan your treasures to purchase and checkout using the Disneyland app. Keep a lookout, as this feature will be coming soon to the Emporium in Disneyland park and Elias & Co. at Disneyland California Adventure park.
To visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks, a separate theme park ticket and a park reservation for the same date and same park are required for park entry. Park reservations are limited and subject to availability, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access. Visit Disneyland.com for the latest details and all you need to know before you go!
When you visit, what’s your favorite go-to spot? What can’t you wait to try? Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for all the latest news and tips to make your visit even more magical!
See ya real soon!
*Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel from 7/5/21 through 10/2/21. Book through 9/16/21; travel must be completed by 10/3/21. Savings not available on Signature Suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Separate Theme Park admission and theme park reservation for same date and same park required to enter a Theme Park.
Source: Disney Parks Blog