Our newest cookbook – Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition – is now on the shelves at select merchandise locations at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! Pam Brandon, author of over 22 Disney cookbooks, once again collaborated with Disney chefs to create delicious new recipes from our Disney Parks and cruise ships.
It was a bit of a challenge selecting only one recipe to share – because all look delicious! I landed on one of my favorites from the recipe vault at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas – Roasted White Chocolate Budino. This rich, creamy dessert served with amaretti cookies is surprisingly simple to make … and sure to impress!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!
Source: Disney Parks Blog