The Disney ships are painted in Mickey Mouse-inspired colors – black hull, white superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels, each with the Disney Cruise Line Mickey Mouse logo.
• Disney Cruise Line was the first cruise line to have yellow lifeboats, instead of the traditional regulation orange. Disney was granted special permission from the U.S. Coast Guard to paint the lifeboats yellow, to keep with the special color theming of the ship.
• The Disney Magic was built in two halves… one hundred miles apart! Part of the ship was constructed in Ancona, Italy then towed 100 miles to meet the stern in Marghera (just outside Venice) to be perfectly joined and welded together.
• Disney Cruise Line ships use the iconic first seven notes of the “When You Wish Upon a Star” song melody as their horn signals.
• Disney ships are the only cruise ships to have four captains – the ship’s captain, Captain Mickey, Captain Hook and Captain Jack Sparrow.
• Measuring 964 feet in length, the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder are each longer than Main Street U.S.A at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. At 1,115 feet, the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream are longer than the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris and longer than the height of New York City’s famous Chrysler Building.
• The anchor on the Disney Magic weighs 28,200 pounds – about the same as three full-grown elephants.
• On a special night aboard most Disney cruises, the “Pirates IN the Caribbean” deck party features a spectacular pyrotechnics performance – fireworks at sea like only Disney can do!
“Hi Dennis! Our trip was absolutely amazing! Our best yet. Everything went smooth and we all had a blast. The Maxpass and the AXUS app made everything super easy and we got to see everything we really wanted to see and more. Thank you so much! I have recommended you to more of our friends and I can’t wait for our next Disney adventure!”
“I wanted to add that you have made each of our Disney trips the best possible experience ever! We so much appreciate your knowledge and help! It wouldn’t be a Disney vacation without Dennis!”
Jenny McPherson and Debbie Dodge, San Mateo, CA